People choose to volunteer for many different reasons. For some it offers the chance to give back to the community or make a difference to the people around them. For others it’s too provide chances to develop new skills or build on existing experiences and knowledge.
Below are a few reasons why people volunteer
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Help others less fortunate or without a voice
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Boost confidence and self-esteem
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
Regardless of the motivation people who volunteer find it challenging and rewarding.
Why I volunteer
I have been a volunteer for Canvey yellow door for almost two years. I volunteer as it allows me to build on my confidence and self-esteem which has grown since I started. It allows me to use my experiences to help others and make them feel good about themselves. The staff and volunteers at yellow door are so friendly and helpful which makes you feel part of a team. I have gained so many new skills and knowledge.
Being a Yellow Door volunteer
Being a yellow door volunteer is very rewarding.
Some of the roles include
- Helping our clients create CV’s
- Helping Clients to manage their finance by creating a budget.
- Listening and supporting the clients
- Answering the phones
- Helping Clients to write letters
- Youth Clubs
- Driving Youth Bus
If you would like to volunteer for CYP Yellow Door why don't you give us a call on 01268 683431 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org